Project Management Principles and Tools
– PMP Certification Exam Preparation Course –
Discover the strategic role of projects, tools and techniques for planning and scheduling, organization and managerial styles to improve success.
- Course Description: This course provides techniques to build a culture of project management excellence, tools to measure company progress and a set of priorities for improvement actions.
- Target Students: Students enrolling in this course should be planning to lead a project (primary audience) or serve on a project team (secondary audience);
- Delivery Method: Instructor-led, group-paced, classroom- delivery learning model with structured minds-on and hands-on activities;
- Benefits: Students will learn how to use project management techniques to plan, organize, control, document, and close out their projects successfully and with minimum risk;
- Performance-Based Course Objectives ( based on PMBOK Guide – Sixth Edition) :
- Discuss the phases of the Project Management Life Cycle and a project manager’s role in each phase.
- List and discuss basic project success criteria and common reasons for project failure.
- Discuss techniques for setting up a strong project team.
- List and discuss elements of a Risk Management Plan.
- Discuss techniques for planning and sequencing project activities, including the Work Breakdown Structure and the Network Logic Diagram.
- Identify the Critical Path for completing a project on schedule.
- List and discuss the cost elements that should be included in a project budget.
- Discuss techniques for controlling for deviation from budgets and schedules.
- Discuss key elements of project management communications and reporting tools.
- Discuss key activities of project close – out.
- Microsoft Project – Standard, Professional, Server editions – How to Build a Project Plan, Resources, Costing, Multiple Projects, Tracking Progress, Tables, Views, Security, Enterprise Administration.
- Trainer: Angela Dobrea, MCT, PMP Certified Instructor with 15 years of PMP certification training experience
- Course Duration: 5 days
- Course Achievements: 35 PDUs/contact hours (mandatory condition to apply for PMP Exam)